Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Late Thanksgiving

Because Keri and Preston went to Idaho Falls for the real Turkey Day, (sorry, Ker, bad picture, I

know) we decided to postpone ours until Sunday. Stan went all out this year; he loves to cook the whole Thanksgiving dinner! I did a few things, but Stan does most of the work and just about all of the clean-up! Lucky me, huh? Keri brought her famous banana cream pie and Michelle brought her quickly-becoming-famous oatmeal raisin cookies! Just about all I did was make rolls, and they actually turned out pretty good this time!

We had the extra blessing of having the local missionaries at our home for dinner.

Elder Allred and Elder Lund were great company, chatting easily with our family and telling us all about themselves. Before they left, they shared a spiritual message with us and we had prayer together. We sent them off with a bag of food and goodies, 'cause we KNOW missionaries are always hungry! I hope they can come back.

Funny story: We were still sitting at the table and Tyler got up and left to use the bathroom. A few minutes later, Michelle got a text message and busted up laughing. She said, "Apparently, your bathroom is out of toilet paper." Thank goodness for technology, huh? Even the Elders had a good laugh!

I had a great time! I'm so thankful for my family.

I'm thankful for the spilled food, the messy high chair, the toys strung all over the family room. I'm thankful for all the ten chairs packed around my dining table, all the laughter, the crying of babies, or in Brylee's case, the shrieking, all the hugs and kisses, and most of all, for the great cook I married!

Thanks for a great day, my little family!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

OH, I'm glad that you guys had a great Thanksgiving! You are a very cute family!! :)

Preston and Keri said...

It was fun and VERY yummy. Those little Elders were so cute.
Thanks for all the time and preparation you spent on making dinner for us.
We love you!!!