We had a Hawaiian Luau for the Bateman Family Reunion this year. Stan's Mom has wanted to go to Hawaii for a long time, but she just can't travel that far, so we decided to bring Hawaii to her!
ALOHA!
It was so much fun! We made these palm trees out of carpet tubes and paper, complete with balloon coconuts and monkeys! The wind was really blowing, so this one looks a little funky, but they were really cute! I have to thank all the people that helped. Stan (of course!), my brother Gean, his wife Kathy, and my nieces, Wendi and Sara. My awesome neighbors, Cameron and Angie, and of course my kids and their spouses for all the help setting them up!
"Lime in the Coconut" did the catering and it was so yummy! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! 'Course the owners are BFF's with Keri and Preston!

There was so much food! She told me that with Polynesian people, it's not necessarily the QUALITY of the food as much as it is the QUANTITY! Funny girl! Thanks Jess, Faleni, and Gramma! You guys are awesome!
My whole little Island Family! Notice how Keri is yelling for Kayston to "come over here right now"!? He just wanted to jump on the trampoline!
Me and the other Deb Bateman! Ahem....I'm Debby One!
The band and the dancers were so great! So much energy, even if the audience was just about dead silent! Thanks go to Maria Fano and her group! You were superb!
Super Big THANKS to Brad and Leslie and their kids for all their hard work in getting their back yard ready for the best reunion ever! It was so beautiful and the patio made a perfect stage! These guys are so laid back and easy-going! We should have the reunion there every year!
Good, good time! I just love this Bateman family! We had a family meeting the next day, and you could really tell that they love each other and their parents! I'm truly a lucky girl!
Good, good time! I just love this Bateman family! We had a family meeting the next day, and you could really tell that they love each other and their parents! I'm truly a lucky girl!
And, last but certainly not least, in typical Kayston fashion, he was so intent on watching the show that he didn't realize he was backing right off the rock on which he was sitting! He only rolled down about two feet or so, and he did get an owie on his elbow, but he's a pretty good sport!
ALOHA until next reunion!
3 comments:
It turned out great! Good job!!
So, what happened to my chin in that picture, seriously?!?! Not a good pic of me. You look cute though!!
Thanks for all your hard work you put into the Luau!
So what is up with my pic? Not a good one my hair is everywhere. We had a blast. We didn't do much. A BIG thumbs up to you. And I was not silent during the dancing. I was yelling and clapping.
Good work, looks like a smashing success!
Post a Comment