Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Say, WHAAAAT??

So, I went to work this morning, and fifteen minutes later my boss calls me in. I have been having trouble reaching their 100% quota, cuz let's face it, this job is HARD!

My vent: I was called in a few weeks ago, too. They said that if I didn't increase my speed, I took a risk of termination. Okay, like threatening me will somehow magically make me able to sew faster!

Today, they gave me a choice. Either step down to a level 1 job at a $2.50/hour pay cut, or be terminated. DUH!

One, I'm not going to do a job that anyone can do when I am a level 4 seamstress. And two, I don't want to be on my feet all day. Seriously, while they were talking to me, I was texting Stan to come get me; I was done.

On one hand, I am so relieved! A job shouldn't send you home in tears almost EVERY night! On the other hand, I am very humiliated and embarrassed. I AM A GOOD SEWER! And I'm worth WAY more than they made me feel.

I feel like I got cheated in my training there. My trainer knew I was struggling, and she pretty much ignored me.

I could go on and on about the wrongs I felt. But, really, what good will that do? It won't get my job back, (which is okay, I hate working!) and it won't make me feel any less humiliated. Water under the bridge, really painful, hurtful water.

I did meet some amazing women there. I learned so much about the diversity in our Church and our state. I will never forget you ladies that taught me so much and gave me such unconditional friendship!

No comments: