Saturday, February 12, 2011

Long Story...

Tyler works at a gas station. The manager from a restaurant across the street came into the station in almost a panic. His ice machine was broken and he needed ice "NOW!"

Tyler told him take whatever you need out of the ice machine. Before the manager left, he told Tyler next time he came into his restaurant, look him up and he'd cut him a deal. Okay!

Tyler mentioned that we were coming down that very night to meet them for dinner, and maybe we'd come over there. Sounded great to us, so over we went, four adults and two kids. Now this particular restaurant is one of my favorites and I always just get a huge salad because their salad bar is so fresh and delicious. While we were waiting in line to order, fully planning on paying for ourselves, Tyler went into the back to talk to the manager. He came out with the biggest smile on his face! The manager told the cashier to comp the whole meal for all of us! Whatever we wanted!

Whaaaat?

Okay, so now I was thinking.....oooh, I hardly ever eat steak, but the price is right tonight!

I swear, that was the best meal I've ever eaten! Of course, we left a huge tip to make up for it (not THAT huge).

And, true to form, Grampa had a camera in his pocket!

Great meal, great company, and of course, waaaaaay cute kids! We gave 'em each a movie on the ipod and they didn't make a peep the entire time.

Thank you, technology!

No comments: