Saturday, July 2, 2011

Okay, Stan wasn't too impressed that I was taking his picture, but he is just so cute! We were called to be the Stake Baptism Coordinators for the Eagle Mountain Utah North Stake in April.

Our duties include setting the schedule for each of seven wards, setting up chairs, filling the font, directing people to the correct rooms, and helping kids and dads get suited up in their white jumpsuits. Then we have to take all the laundry home and wash it!

We love it! There is such joy in the eyes of those cute little eight-year-olds, and such pride in the eyes of the families!

I have even filled in when one ward didn't have a piano player!

It makes for a long day the first Saturday of every month, but so, so worth it!



Look at Stan.

You are looking at a retired man! Yep, he is officially retired from Alpine School District! His last day was June 15th because of all the accrued vacation time, but as of July 1, it was official! He has been there only 20 years, but he was offered a HUGE stipend to retire early. He couldn't say no.

His plan? Take some much needed time off! There are several projects he wants to do around the house. He's pretty hyper though, so I am anxious to see how long it lasts. He says maybe he'll get another job at the first of next year.

The District had a really nice luncheon for all the maintenance people that are retiring at the North Hampton House in American Fork. They gave him a really nice tribute.

As for me, I love having this guy home! I love him not having to go to bed at 8:30 because he has to get up at 4:30! It will be an adjustment, I know, but a good, good adjustment!

No comments: