Saturday, August 13, 2011

This is Stan's Aunt Dorothy. She is the sister of his mom. A few of us went to her house is Salt Lake to have a little visit. She lives alone and I'm sure she gets a little lonely.




We had a good time looking at all her old photos and scrapbooks. Melyssa and I sneaked downstairs to have a look at Grandpa Dansie's house. Such amazing memories! Walking into that basement was like stepping into a time machine and ending up in the 50's! Except for the modern washer and dryer, it is the same as it was 60 years ago. Carpet, furniture, nick-nacks, everything! And between you and me, there's an old china hutch down there I'd sure like to get my hands on someday!

There was one room that was locked, so we actually snooped around her house until we found a key! Turned out to be just the food storage room full of empty canning jars, and from the odor, mice!

As I walked down the stairs the last time, my left knee popped. I'm pretty "poppy", so I didn't think too much of it, until the electrical shocks started! I managed to get back up the stairs and outside. I didn't say anything to anyone, because that's just how I roll. I'm not quite sure how I made it to the car without anyone noticing the excruciating pain I was in!

I should have gone straight to ER, but no, we went home for some pain killers and ice. We will see how this all plays out!

No comments: