Last night, after everyone left, I curled up on the couch, pulling a blanket over me that I brought home from Mom's. Instinctively, I smelled it.
Oh.
It smelled so much like the woman I miss with all my heart, that I started to cry. I couldn't stop. I cried myself to sleep.
I dreamed that I woke up and was all alone in a strange house. I knew Mom was gone, but I couldn't understand where Stan had gone. I went downstairs, calling for him. Just as I got to the bottom of the stairs, he came in.
With my Mother.
He had gone to Heaven to get her because he knew how distraught I was.
She came right to me. Hugged and hugged me. And she never said a word aloud to me, but I knew, I KNEW she was only there because I needed her so badly.
What a great dream! Was my mother visiting me? Can she even do that?
Whatever it was, I have been comforted all day.
See? I told you she was my best ally.
1 comment:
You made me cry. Yes, I believe your mother was with you and always will be.
Post a Comment