
I hate that Satan knows our weaknesses and just how to "get" us! I hate how he uses self-doubt, especially with me. Sometimes I get thinking about all my faults, fears, and failures, and I stop being the woman I know Heavenly Father wants me to be. I look around and see all the women who are "perfect" and are doing everything they are supposed to, have perfect families and homes, and are "anxiously engaged", and I find myself falling short.
We just got a new Relief Society President, and honestly, I found myself feeling less than adequate because I wasn't chosen, for crying out loud! I felt like the kid who gets picked last for the baseball team. I know that is ridiculous, but here again, Satan knows my weakness. Self doubt and deprecation.
Sometimes, I find myself asking, "What IS the point?" If I just stop serving others, if I have doubts in my marriage, or doubts about myself, then I shut down and Satan smiles.
Then Stan reminds me that Christ bled and died for me, for me! and that He also knows not only my weaknesses, but my strengths. And He wants to carry me. All I have to do is lay those doubts at His feet, and He WILL carry me. Kinda gets me going again, ya know?
Thanks for listening.
[Deb steps down off her soap-box...]
No comments:
Post a Comment