Sunday, February 19, 2012

This is Stan's Mom, Fern. She passed away today. Mary said it was pretty peacefully. I felt sad that we weren't able to be there with her like I was with my own mother.

Mary, Stan's sister sent us this picture. Their cat loved Fern and slept with her whenever he could. That is one big cat!

Fern just barely stopped going to Church every Sunday, because it was just too hard for Mary to get her ready and lift her in and out of the car. Fern can't see, she can barely sit up, but she LOVES to go to Church. Always has, as long as I've known her.

She was almost 98 years old. She loved being in the middle of Mary's family and was just about always cheerful.

Mary and her family did such a great job taking care of both Fern and Wayne. This will leave a gaping hole in Mary's home and heart, I'm sure. She will be sorely missed by us all.

Quite a woman...

No comments: