Saturday, March 17, 2012

3rd Annual Lucky Leprechaun Sleepover

 Oh, what silly little leprechaun hunters!


TA-DA!

They didn't spend quite as much time on their traps this year. In fact, they decided to combine their traps into one BIG one! Notice the ramp, then the ropes for the leprechaun to climb up. They put two quarters, one Cheeto, one piece of licorice, and some shiny marbles in there to lure the leprechauns in. 




Oh, these little boys warm my heart! And yes, they totally wear me out, but I wouldn't change it for the world. This year we decided to BE leprechauns and take treats to the neighbors. I am sad I didn't have a video camera! The wind was blowing so their hats kept blowing off, and they were NOT quiet with all that silly giggling. They set the cookies on the porch, rang the bell, then sort of bumped around against each other, not knowing which way to run! Ayden's hat flew off again, then he tripped trying to pick it up. He couldn't even get up, he was laughing so hard! When the neighbor opened her door, both boys screamed in delight and bolted home. "Let's do that AGAIN!" came at me from both little tricksters! So, we did it again!

The next neighbor walked out of his garage just as the boys were coming off the porch! I don't know who was more startled! He yelled, the boys yelled, then the neighbor said, "Does this mean I get your pot of gold?" and chased them home! I loved watching the happiness that was bubbling out everywhere!

You would think by the third time, they'd have it down. Umm....NOPE! Such, laughing, squealing, stumbling leprechauns I never did see!

 10:30, and finally, it's time to settle down and take in a movie, complete with a whole box of treats! We watched "Mr. Popper's Penguins" and "Sea Level".


Yep, it is 12:30, and we are still going strong!

******************************************************************


Well, it's morning, and yes, we nabbed us a couple of leprechauns! We had seen on a movie (Darby O'Gill and the Little People) that leprechauns can turn into whatever they want, and sure enough, we got HAMSTERS!

But, wait, what is that on your cheek and forehead?


That, my friends, is a leprechaun fingerprint! Boy, that means you'll have a whole year of good luck!! We must have had some mighty nice leprechauns this year, faith and b'gora, because they left chocolate coins and a bunch of bubble gum coins!


No, the leprechauns didn't do this to my family room, this is just a sign of a GREAT sleepover!


Green Eggs and Ham! The milk was green, too!


I guess it's a guy thing, these home improvement shows on Saturday morning!


And lastly, just hanging out at Gramma's for the day! Kayston wanted to watch "Spongebob" on the Kindle, and Ayden wanted me to draw him a car and a trailer with a tractor on it! Not bad, huh? Power to the Gramma!

Funny story: I woke up at about 2:00 A.M. hearing Ayden kind of crying. I got up and found him in the bathroom. He had got up to go potty, shut the door, and I guess he didn't know how to get back out. He was curled up on the rug, apparently "LOST"! He was totally asleep, but I was able to take his hand and lead him back to bed. Silly, sweet little Deeders!

1 comment:

Preston and Keri said...

Looks like you all had a great time!! I know Kayston did! He couldn't wait to tell me about the finger print on his head!
You're the best Gramma EVER! We're so lucky to have you!