Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Sometimes my mother yelled at me.


And sometimes she swore.
And she made me run upstairs for things ALL the time.
She cried.
She got mad.
She slammed doors.
She argued with Dad.

All of that proved one thing.

She was human. She was mortal.


She was an awfully good listener.
She had an infectious laugh, and would ALWAYS laugh
at even the dumbest jokes.
She made sure we spoke on the phone once a day.
She held my hand when I was 
sick or sad.
She took us kids on grand adventures and let us get dirty.
She helped us grow into responsible, sane (?) adults.

She loved ME, and I KNEW it.


So, yeah, she was a perfect mother.


Am I going to honor her on this day?


YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!


Happy Mother's Day, Mom.





Even though your memory is so alive in a
special place in my heart,
that place feels an emptiness that will only be filled
when we meet again.

Until then...





Mother's Day is usually mayhem at our house! The men fixed us steaks for dinner. So yummy! Preston did the grilling, and he knows JUST how I like my steak!

I love the "Pile Hug" that has become our tradition!

We'll see just how long this tradition can last!

No comments: