We got to go with Stan's sister, Pam, and her husband, Steve, to the Salt Lake Temple to see them sealed together for time and eternity.
They've been married eighteen years! It seems like just a few years ago that they were married. They are just so good together!
Pam and Steve
Karen, Garth, and Machelle
Debbie and Richard
After the sealing, we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for breakfast. Very nice, and so fun to just sit and visit with the family. Too bad Mary and Tory couldn't be here! She had emergency surgery to remove her gall bladder. OWIE! We sure did miss them!
Not to take any attention away from Pam and Steve and the spirituality of their day, but during the breakfast, I got the sparkles in my eyes that said I was headed for a migraine. Given my history, it scared me. I thought I would lose my speech next. Stan sensed something was wrong. When I told him what was going on, he immediately went to look for someone with oil so he could give me a blessing. (He usually has some with him at all times; his little key chain vial was leaking, so he threw it away.)
The building managaer had some (only in Salt Lake, huh?), and not only that, but he left his office and let us use it for the blessing! So, in the middle of the JSM Building, I had Stan and his brother, Richard, lay their hands on my head and call down a blessing from Heaven.
We went back to the breakfast, and in a few minutes I realized that not only did I not have the visual sparkles, but I had no headache.
Tender Mercies.
Perfect Day.







No comments:
Post a Comment