Friday, July 5, 2013

The LaDon Cafe


This building has a new stucco face, but back in the day, it was my parents' restaurant, "The LaDon". I'm pretty sure it was red brick, and I think there was a door on the far left with a step and a sidewalk. I remember playing there while Dad sat on the step. I was pretty young, but I remember playing with my little red tractor under one of the tables. I still have one of the chairs from the restaurant.

My Grandpa Rolph built it. He was a general contractor, and just an all-around good man.

Good, good memories.

**************************************************

And this is my niece, Tonya. One day she sent me a picture of an afghan she saw, and asked me if I would make her one. "Of course!", was my answer. I do love to crochet!

And you know she will keep it forever! I think she still has the pink one I made for her when she was born! I just love this girl!



No comments: