Friday, February 28, 2014

My Friend, Norma

Norma Helms
02 February, 1941 - 23 February, 2014

We used to joke that we were really sisters in a previous life. We must've been! Norma has been my friend since 1997.


I can hear it all now! "Oh, Deb, why did you post that ugly picture of me?"

Here's my answer...

Oh, Norma, because you are a true friend! You listened to me when I needed to rant, you always made me feel so good about myself and my talents. You taught me by example how to serve others without guile. You taught me that I don't need an occasion, just throw the party, then the occasion happens! And man, could you throw a party!

I will never, ever, forget you and your beautiful nails that I was always jealous of! How I always felt like family when I was in your home, and how much you loved Stan's divinity! I will never forget that giggle of yours when I made a funny! You laughed at me when I said I would scratch your backside for you when it was itching, but know this...I meant it!



Oh, how I will miss my "other" sister! Rest in Peace, my friend...until we meet again...


No comments: