Monday, October 13, 2008

The Kind of Man That I Married

I know, I know, I've already done a post like this, but I just have to share a few things about this fella that I love with all my heart. I want you to know him.

Two things really pop out to me when I think of the kind of man he is.
  1. Once, when we were just out for a drive, we noticed a man sitting on the sidewalk. Not too abnormal in that part of West Valley, we hardly paid any attention to him. That is, until Stan noticed an over-turned wheelchair about eight feet away from him. He immediately swung the car around, pulled over, and jumped out to see if the man needed any help. When asked, the man replied, "I fell out of my chair when I hit a bump in the sidewalk. The chair tumbled away from me. I've been sitting here for over an hour waiting for someone to stop." Stan righted the wheelchair, picked up the man, and settled him in. He shook his hand and we drove away.
  2. Another time, we were visiting some friends. These were people who had a large family and were really struggling financially. The man said jokingly that he was worried about going to Church because he had no dress shoes, nor could he afford to buy any. Stan didn't even hesitate. He removed the pair of dress shoes that were on his own feet, handed them to this man and told him, "Now you have no excuse to miss Church on Sunday." Stan went home in his socks.
Stan is such an example to me of Christ-like love for his fellow man! And yet I STILL can't get him pick up his own dirty socks! Ka-Chow!

4 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

Dad really is such a great guy. I remember that day when dad gave his shoes away. Even though I was only like 6 or 7, I remember that it really touched me. I got teary eyed just reading about it.
(i think it was for a job interview that the guy had though)
Dad has been a great example to me!!!
LOVE YOU DAD!

Kate said...

man, I cried! really!!!! how great !

Jenny said...

OH!! Uncle Stan is so awesome!! I just love you guys!

Taryn said...

Stan really is a great guy!! We love both of you. You are both wonderful and a great example to us!!