Monday, February 16, 2009

25 Random Things About Me You May Not Know

1. When I was one year old, I was kept alive by adult doses of the drug cortisone for pneumonia. That explains a lot, huh?

2. When I was five, one of the neighbor boys hung himself on the rope swing Dad had just made for us. I was the one who found him. I can still hear the creaking of the rope.

3. I LOVE Country music!

4. I got married right out of high school to the love of my life, and we're BOTH left-handed!

5. We waited seven years before we were able to adopt Keri. We had two opportunities to adopt before that, but didn't feel it was right either time. Now I know why!

6. I've had a tumor taken off my pituitary, through my nose! Well, they go up right above the top teeth and effectively lift the face right off the bone! YUCK!!

7. After that tumor, I was able to get pregnant once. Tyler was the result! I loved everything about being pregnant. I never threw up once until 5 months, then I threw up every day until he was born. Go figure!

8. Sometimes I actually mourn the fact that Keri didn't grow inside me. To someone who is contemplating adoption, I say go for it! Once that baby is placed in your arms, there is absolutely NO difference. NONE! Huh, Kat?

9. I make the world's best spaghetti!

10. Fact: My grandkids ARE cuter than yours!

11. I love writing and would love to write a children's book someday! Either that or an "Erma Bombeck" type news column.

12. I, too, count stairs. And what's weirder, is if I happen to brush the wall with one hand as I walk down the hall, I HAVE to do the same with the other hand!

13. My pet peeve is open doors!

14. I love to talk on the phone!

15. My pinky fingers do not straighten.

16. In High School, I was known as a "motorcycle Mama".

17. I've passed the Real Estate exam.

18. My dad was a butcher and used to feed us raw hamburger. I can still eat raw hamburger!

19. I don't have a middle name. Both my sisters do, but I don't. I always wanted my mother's middle name; Jane, because I wanted to be called DJ.

20. I once spray-painted my dad's toilet gold. And he KEPT it that way, cuz after all, it was his THRONE!

21. My dad gave me a lamb. I put a diaper on him and kept him in my room.

22. I spoke at my High School Graduation. I had to audition and everything!

23. Contrary to what Keri and Tyler think, I DON'T know everything!

24. I have a hard time being serious and love to make fun of things.

25. I got my wit from my father and sometimes I surprise myself with the things that come out of my mouth.

PS....I'm humble, too!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You are one very exciting lady! I didn't even know half of that stuff about you..go figure. :) I am glad that you married my Uncle Stan because our family wouldn't be the same without you. :)