Just When I Need Her
I just love these sweet, sweet dreams I have been having lately! This afternoon, I lay down for a glorious Sunday afternoon nap.
In my dream, I was crying because I was missing my mother. I walked into a room, and there she was, sitting in a rocking chair. She had the afghan over her knees that I made her.
I walked to her, got on my knees, and put my head in her lap. "Oh, Mom," I said, "I have missed you so much!"
Same as the last dream, she said not a word. She rested her hand on my head, and just held me.
How does she know when I need her comforting spirit?
She always knew more about me than I know about myself. In fact, when I get bronchitis, which I do every year, I would call her on the phone. "Mom, listen to me breathe and tell me if I need to go to the doctor." (or in one case, the hospital!). She could tell just by listening. And she was never wrong.
Bless you, Mom, Bless you.
Read my other dream here:
No comments:
Post a Comment