Sunday, July 21, 2013

3-2-1 BLAST-OFF!

We had this great idea to make and launch some paper rockets. So, after Sunday dinner, we all set about decorating and building our own rockets. Keri's family brought along Kazuki, an exchange student from Japan here for two weeks (whom we LOVED!).





I made mine double length, just to see if it would fly. 

It was pretty hard to keep everyone inside long enough to take a group shot. They all wanted to go out and blow things up!



I wish we'd have taken a close-up of Kazuki's. He drew the Japanese flag with some Japanese writing. It was pretty cool. I wish I would have asked him what they meant!


Our Bishop, Scott Langford, even stopped by on his way home to get in on the action!


I named my rocket "Gramma-Topia". It actually flew pretty darn good the first time. The second time, it blew apart!


Kenley's flew the best! It went five times and stayed together really well!
I think we are going to make this an annual tradition!

No comments: