Friday, July 19, 2013

Momma

For some reason, I was mad at Mom today. Looking through some old pictures got me missing her and thinking about all the memories, and I got angry. Angry that she left us way too soon. Angry that she wasn't here to put her hand on my arm because she just knew I needed a mother's touch.

Then I started thinking...

All us girls used to dream about Mom all the time just after she died. 

One night I dreamed that she came to me and hugged me and said that she couldn't stay around any longer. She had to go. She had work she needed to do, but she loved me.

Later, I found out that Kim had almost that exact same dream the same night or close to it. I need to ask Jann if she also had that dream. I still dream about her, but not so much anymore. 

It gave me a firm belief in the hereafter, and that there is much work to be done, and she will be waiting for me.


Thanks, Mom.  I'm not mad any more.  Just anxious to see you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so upset about that dream that I cried hysterically the whole day, thinking too myself that it was not fair, I needed her in my dreams. I was VERY upset. She is back in my dreams now about three or four times a week. I think she must use her down time to visit!