Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ayden's Sleepover

This cute boy was so excited when I fixed him some fruit for lunch! He loves any kind of fruit. He told me cantaloupe is his very favorite!


We went to Whistle Wok for dinner. He kept saying, "Mmmm, this chicken is SO good!" or "Mmmm, this rice is SO yummy!" He practically licked the plate clean! Plus...he makes a pretty good waiter! The reason we went there is they have a train that goes around the building high on the wall. He loved it! He took some pictures on the toy phone he had. Unfortunately, the train wasn't working, at least that's what they told me when I asked them to turn it on for this boy who loves trains!


Here he is with that toy phone. It's a real phone, just no service. We had the "talk" about texting while driving!


Later, we watched a movie and had, of course, a bowl of ice cream! He's like his Gramma, just plain ice cream, no topping! What a cutie!



I put this music learning app on my iPad, and Ayden couldn't get enough of it! First thing in the morning, he wanted to lie in my bed and play the iPad. He'll be reading music before he even knows it!


Later, we took him to the cannery, where he helped Grampa can some oats. He thought that was pretty special! We even let him put his name on a couple of cans and take them home! It's never too early to teach kids about food storage! He was so proud!


Our motto was "Ayden can do hard things". He used a mean voice to Grampa at one point, and I made him say he was sorry and give Grampa a hug. Boy, was that hard for him to do! It took some patience on our parts, but Ayden came through! I told him later that every time you do something hard, you grow a little bit, and I thought he looked a little bigger. "Yep! I'm a little bigger now!" was his reply!

What a sweet boy! I just loved having you sleep over, Deeds! Let's do it again!

No comments: