Sunday, September 22, 2013

MEXICO WEEK! September 14 - 21

Day 1

Sheesh!

I had to be at Keri's house at 3:45 A.M. so they could get to the airport! Stan drove them, and I went to bed!

Brylee had a soccer game and when we were getting ready, she asked me to do pigtails. I was informed that I do better pigtails than Mommy! 


Power to the Gramma! 

 Brylee does so well! She was a lot of fun to watch.


 Also, today, I taught her how to tie her shoes! Wow! She picked it up fast! 
This is one smart little princess!


Then we went to my house to hang out. Kenley just loves this big baby. It is almost as big as her, but she carried it around, dressed her, sang to her, kissed her, and fed her. She said to me, "I'm her Mommy, and I love her!" No doubt about that!


Grampa fixed hamburgers for our first dinner, and boy, did he do a great job! The kids loved how big they were and gobbled down every bite. Meegies just wanted corn!



Day 2




The weather has just been so nice! Ayden also stayed the night and, although we didn't make it to church, we had a great day playing!



Day 3

We got Kayston off to school, then we did GIRL STUFF! Painted our nails, then had a bubble bath! Brylee went to school at noon, then Meegies (and Gramma!) napped! Man, I don't know how Keri does this! No wonder she needs a vacation!


Day 4


See? I can still do some pretty cool hair! Brylee loved it. Kenley on the other hand, would not let me do her hair. She just wanted it down. Hence, the rag-a-muffin look all the time!


Again, Grampa wanted to fix dinner! Yay, Grampa! He made the yummiest waffles for us!


Meegies loves her new dress, made by a 93-year old woman that wants no money; she just wants girls to have a pretty dress to wear to Primary! Bry got one, too.


Kayston was kind of missing his Mom and Dad. We took this picture to text to them, but, dang it, it didn't go through. Pretty cute boy, I'd say!

Day 5


Breakfast! Yep, I make better toast than Mommy, too! I'm that good! These kids loved the oatmeal I made, too! Keri has such a tight routine, this job was easy for me, even though I feel exhausted most of the time!


See? I TOLD you she loves this dress!


All those stickers? Caught-ya's! Every time I caught someone doing something nice or good, they got a sticker to hang on the wall, so we can show Mommy and Daddy how good they were! We called them "caughtchas"!

Day 6


THREE LITTLE MONKEYS IN MY BED EVERY MORNING!
It just doesn't get any better than this!


Brylee had dance today, so we wanted to do something special with her hair. She loved the heart braid! She looked so cute in her dance clothes!


Cute, cute story! I let Kayston sleep with me. He had been told that he would be the man of the house while the parents were gone, and he took it pretty seriously! I went in to tuck him in, and he had put all his stuff so neatly on the nightstand and turned down the bed! What I didn't know is that he had also set the alarm! Of course, HE didn't wake up to it! 5:30 A.M.!

Even funnier still, he said that my snoring actually helped him sleep! What a funny grandson!


Day 7


After Kayston left for school, we got out the crayons. Meegies tried so hard to color in the lines, and she did a great job! Then we headed over to Gramma's house to play for a while. The girls love to pick and eat fresh tomatoes! They just played and played all morning! A big wasp landed on Meegies leg! Luckily, I swept it off before it stung her (or me!)



I let Bry pick out her own outfit on Friday! She did great! At first, she came up with a Church skirt on. I was sad to have to nix that, but she was okay with it. I think she knew she wouldn't get away with that! She sure ended up cute! She wore the necklace we made, a pink flower in her hair, and bright pink sandals! Such a cute and sassy kindergartner!


After I took Brylee's picture, Kenley wanted to do a silly picture! She didn't have to try very hard at all! She is one of the silliest girls I've ever seen! 


The Cousin's Sleep-Over


WOW! That's a lot of kids! All but Declan! 



The boys slept with me at Keri's house, and the two big girls stayed with Grampa. Poor little Meegies! Except she had a blast with the boys, making her bed in the family room and doing everything they did. She didn't even care that I made her sleep in her own bed! 


Day 8

It's coming-home day! These three can hardly contain themselves! They are so excited to see Mom and Dad, (and get presents!) We worked hard to keep them busy! Brylee had another soccer game. Thanks goodness Kenley let me do her hair this time! Sheesh! 





Keri left a week's worth of casseroles in the freezer for us. That was awesome! I cooked one tonight and had Tyler and Michelle help us eat it when they came to pick up their kids. So yummy! I think every child asked for seconds!



Kayston loves glasses! He even bought a pair of reading glasses at the dollar store! Here he is, trying on Uncle Tyler's glasses! Such a cute little scholar, ya think?


Look at all these kids! We were only missing Ducky! 


One normal, one goofy, that's how we roll!


We had to pass some time, so we loaded up the car and went for late night ice cream! Brylee asked me why there were cars and people out this late at night (it was about 8:30!) Both Brylee and Kenley fell asleep on the way home. Keri didn't get home until almost midnight, so they had to wake everyone up! 


I had such a great and exhausting week! These kids are great! They play good together, they are helpful and obedient (pretty much!) I have to thank all Keri's friends who picked up kids for school, took Bry to dance and soccer practice, and even tended a little so I could teach piano. What a blessing they were to me! 

Now, I'll see ya later.....I am going to sleep for the next week!!

Viva la Mexico!

1 comment:

Preston and Keri said...

Looks like a fun week!!! Thanks again for making this possible!!! Love ya tons!!