Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So, we found Keri's birth mother! YAY!

We have been looking for her for a long time. We've not met her yet, but here's what I wrote to her:

____________________________________

Dear Penny,

We've been looking for you for such a long time, it's weird that we have finally found you! I saw your picture on your MySpace page, and honestly, it's like I've always known you. I can't wait to meet you face to face and try and express my gratitude for your sacrifice. I want you know that I loved Keri from the moment we got "The Call". When I heard her cry from down the hall before I even saw her, I loved her more. We took her in our arms, held her close, kissed her, and through our tears, we thanked our Father in Heaven for sending us this perfect little girl. The moment I touched her, I loved you, too. Your sacrifice for our benefit has always astounded and amazed me.
Thank you for being God's instrument in giving me such a beautiful, beautiful child. She is a joy to us! Thanks for her beautiful blue eyes, her gorgeous silky hair, her amazing smile and good teeth, her bum chin (as she calls it!), and yes, even her knobby knees!

I hope to meet you soon.

____________________________________

Sometimes when I think back and remember Tyler's birth, I feel kind of sad that I don't have memories of Keri's birth. But I'm about to connect with the woman who does......

How awesome is that?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What an amazing letter! That is great that you have found her, I know you have been looking for quite awhile. Keep us posted on how things go!